Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Fanfic 2 Read: Super Sentai Vs Super Sentai

A proper massively multiplayer story featuring one character from each team from Goranger towards Shinkenger (no Goseiger and Gokaiger, sorry folks).

Well, minus that one beside Shinken Red and all of his team, of course...
Yes, it is Super Sentai Vs Super Sentai by Neo Juste Belmont. There's also Another version.

The first Super Sentai Vs Super Sentai consists of Takeru (Shinken Red), Youhei (Blue Turbo), Miki (Goggle Pink), Gai (Black Condor), Sayaka (Change Mermaid), Remi (Five Yellow), Dai (Green Flash) and Mako (Shinken Pink). Also featuring Yuusuke (Red Flacon) and Ryuu (Dyna Black).

Another is a story about the second team consists of Takeru (Red Mask), Hoji (Deka Blue), Mei (Ptera Ranger), Jiraiya (Ninja Black), Chisato (Mega Yellow), Mele (Chameleon-ken User) and Mikoto (Abare Killer). Also featuring Sakura (Bouken Pink).

Although in different teams, both share the near identical storyline; AkaRed's team fought a Big Bad called Rufecil in a parallel world where Super Sentai other than them does not exist. Villains from each team appear in that world with those heroes are summoned into that world. The whole story plot is all about a prophecy about a team consist of 7-colored warriors are destined to save that world. But, since there is two team already, we would have this 'Double Rainbow' feeling. Hope no one will get high reading this....

Belmont gives a good storyline for each of the rangers and managed to create a balanced storyline with no one being given a lot of focus; neither Gai nor Takeru. Also, their interactions with each other are very well done, with no one being out of characters.

But, there is something that make me sad, Shinkenger Love, a phenomenon causes by a lot of fans giving them more priority. In the first team, there are two Shinkengers represantatives, Takeru and Mako. I do hope Mako is just an extra, mainly because I don't want to see too much Takeru/Mako moment. But...then again, Belmont knows what is he doing...

I can't really see any flaws in that story. It's all done too well to be criticize. The only thing I can say is that, 'SUPPORT HIM!" Don't you guys ever let this good story to be left hanging without any proper ending, just like what happened to any other good fics.

I give this thing 4 out of 5

4 comments:

  1. Hello, Shraffe1001. This is Neo Juste Belmont (yeah, you can also call me ChrisX, that's how I'm called amongst bloggers).

    First of all, I want to thank you to including my story as a 'Highly Recommended' story, and as I knew, no matter how good you get, there's always something else better (like that Kamen Rider CLAW fic, although I really can't get to Kamen Rider mood to enjoy for the moment).

    Although for starters, while I do acknowledge Gorangers, the earliest Sentai series featured is Goggle V (and that's the 6th). My iron rule is that "I will not start a chapter which includes a series I haven't even finished", this is so I can get a grip on the characterization further than what's described in general.

    And uh, no mention of the antagonist group? Had to pick that selectively rather than being at random too...

    And if you notice in my blog, you'll notice that I do plan for guest appearances from a Bioman and a Hurricaneger (go ahead and make a guess and see if your guess is spot on) (The Guests will, if you dream about it, look like a formation of another team). As well as Momoko being 'promoted' the same way as Mako. Please don't take it like I have over preference over pink (although I admit that real men wear pink), there will be some drawback and such.

    Also in terms of 'Shinkenger love', I know you may be disappointed, but one of the reasons I put Mako in was because of God-knows-how-many Shinkenger fics that handled the Takeru/Mako pairing so poorly or rushed. I thought something like, "Hey, I'll show you how to do Takeru/Mako right and not rushed!", and there we go. Plus with the rumors about Momoko, would you say 'Maskman love' too?

    I do write the story also to uncover some stuffs that the early story couldn't cover, or expand it further. Hell, that's what I do to some older characters (like Miki). Sometimes, admittedly I went over the top (poor her). But I hope that doesn't make me look too sadistic, I take bigger risks at times.

    Lastly, I wanna thank you for your support over this fic. But do not worry, even if there is no support, I intend to finish this fic, you can be assured of that. It's what I want.

    Cheers,
    ChrisX/NJB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also one more thing...

    This fic may lack Gokaiger. However, I wanna say I LOVE that series. But I must abide to my rule. Just wanna let you know that I really like Gokaiger despite being unable to put them in.

    Not even AU version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for comment on this post, Chris. The reason why I gave CLAW 5 because the series is already finished with flying colors. 4 for yours because I have hope for you.

    Maybe I should post a topic about what is this 'Shinkenger Love' term I made up...

    And, if you can, please promote this blog because I might randomly post something about Tokusatsu here (maybe not rumors, but just my opinions on something)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I recently added an image ontop of my blog post. I think you can put the image into this post or something...

    ReplyDelete