Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Fanfic 2 Read: Kamen Rider Decade x Kamen Rider Dragon Knight

Ah, back to Kamen Rider. There just so many interesting stuff about Super Sentai fanfics, but keep those up and I'm scared that people will say how biased I am. Well, up until now my only follower is ChrisX, so those bias thinging might still far.



Finally back to Kamen Rider fanfic. And now I am going to review Kamen Rider Decade X Kamen Dragon Knight by PhinalPhantasy. It is a combination of both hateful Decade series and the infamous successful adaptation Dragon Knight. And while I am doing this thing, I just don't know what's up with Phinal. Why is he taking so long to finish this? I don't know. That's his life, not mine. He probably have a life, unlike someone who wasted his time finishing his nobody-care fanfics. (crying)

So, the story is about Hikari Studio ended up rather than somewhere in Japan, it is somewhere in USA. That happens when Kit Taylor a.k.a. Dragon Knight is going to save his father from JTC a.k.a. Strike and those two not-attractive Asian brothers, who happen to have no stereotype. That's the first one I saw.

So, I'll give out of five stars...wait, you actually want me to review the whole thing? Fine!

 First of all, I am not a big, not even a small fan of non-canon storyline. It's fine if one story is original to its own world, but if you trying to change the history given in the canon storyline? It's a huge NO! Why must you destroy every single canon story given just according to what your heart desire? Are you dissatisfied with what happened? Can't you just let it go away?

Apparently no. Phinal screwed up a lot of Dragon Knight element. And the only thing I love is the short crack pairing of Tsukasa and Kase, and it is really short. Owh, wait. There's no such pairing in that story. SO that just mean there is nothing I love about this.

Except for how the author keeps up a good work in grammar and stuff. Meh, he's an American. No big deal.

What I also love about him is how he isn't the type that give up (from what I saw). His story takes a really long time to update. By long I mean it can take up more than a year just to update one chapter. ONE CHAPTER!

THAT'S FOR SCREWING EVERYTHING! WHY MUST YOU MAKE ONYX THE BAD GUY! HE IS THE COOLEST RIDER IN THAT SERIES! AND KAITO IS EVIL? HE IS NEVER NEAR THAT! EVEN IF HE IS HALF-JUSTICE HEARTED, BUT THERE IS NO WAY HE'S NEARING ANY BIG BAD GUY!

Well, at least we get to see Knight Vs Wing Knight, which can be pretty funny on how Kase tried to determine which one is the real Len. Of course, Knight is not a drone there (wait, what the hell?) and Ryuki fan should not forget that his name is Ren, which thanks to R-L problem in Japan, can be translated as Len. Hey, I'm sorry for explaining the pun joke here, but if you can't understand any pun here, why bother shouting at my face on how I spoiled everything?

So, overall, 2 out of 5. Sorry, Phinal, but your style of storyline isn't my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment