Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Shinkenger Love

The term that I came up myself...
  
Now, what you need is love symbols for each box...

Originated earlier this year after I saw a lot of fanfics for Shinkenger just got over...the top!

Shinkenger is a Super Sentai series that is widely famous for how Power Rangers adaptation nearly got canceled away from people's eyes...just kidding. The series is known for how epic it can be. And also the first originality that nobody would ever though; Samurai! Also the first SS to get 3D treatment for the summer movie, which is seriously short. Either thanks to the budget on Decade, or on the "thwee-dee" or both.

Now, since Shinkenger's storyline is really good that you can see that the characters' personality undergo really good developments.

By using the myth of "All Fanfic Writers Are Female" and seeing how romantic storyline always been associated with ladies, plus how much Shinkenger's pairings are, and how those pairings are still left unsettled, try to do the math.

Kotoha: Chiaki-kun, may I give you a massage like a good wife did on the bed?
Chiaki: Well, why not- Wait, what!?
The result? Thousand of fanfics regarding those Shinkengers. Even without love story, they tend to get more important roles and storylines if the fics are crossovers. What worse, those crossover even gets romantic treatment!

The human-origami love.

I know most of us are disappointed with Toei for not finishing the pairing so that it can become like Jetman, but there's no need for a lot of stuff about how Kotoha loves Chiaki/Takeru/Ryunosuke/Genta/Hikoma/Juzo/Mako/Dayuu/Shitari/Doukoku/Alata/Tsukasa/Kaito/Nanashi/Kuroko/Flute/Shinkenmaru/Saru Origami/Hiden Disc! Enough is enough!

When a love arrow gone wrong...


As you can see, Kotoha suddenly becomes a launcher of thousand ships, thanks to her moe and how underage she is if we used international age. Eww!! You guys are so pedophile! How gross!

I do hope you guys stop doing those after seeing this.


This is something I hate because I have to see a lot of Shinkenger fanfics everytime I am searching for a new fic to waste my time on! Can't you see how tiring that is!

I don't care how cute TakeruXMako/TakeruXKotoha/TakeruXRyunosuke/TakeruXChiaki/TakeruXGenta/TakeruXJuzo/MakoXKotoha/RyunosukeXMako/ChiakiXDayuu/KotohaXFlute/HikomaXKuroko/GentaXSushi/ShinkenmaruXHidenDisc pairing is! I don't like how you waste on time doing something that would most likely ended up the same thing!

Seriously, guys. Let us all stop this pointless act of overdoing it before Shinkenger ended up as Den-O sentai version, overused and hated by most fandom.

Since Gokaiger is now really becoming famous, I do hope we won't get any a lot of Ahim and Marvelous/Joe/Don/Luka/Gai/Basco/Oiles Gils/Damaras/Insarn/Ackdos Gils/Sally/Gai Yuuki/Gavan/Mobirates/Gokai Cellular/Ranger Keys/Gokai Gun/Gokai Saber/Takeru/Kotoha/Any other Shinkenger/Any other Super Sentai/Eiji Hino/Any other Kamen Rider/Radiquet/ChrisX and worse of all, Sean Akizuki...

By looking at her cuteness, I'm not sure if those above will not happen...

3 comments:

  1. I seriously thought it was Luka who will get that treatment, not Ahim. Buut yeah. Me and Ahim? Hmm... thanks for the offer, but I'm more about camaraderie than romance. (And I don't think Sean would bother with Ahim, personally)

    And don't worry about how I got Mako in my fic. It was after all one of my forms of 'Take That!' to this phenomenon called 'Shinkenger Love'. In which in most of them, Kotoha is suddenly "Love love" when it comes to Chiaki, or Mako is suddenly "Love love" to Takeru. With no development also! They're suddenly declared to be 'in love' after Shinkenger. This is something that irks me and moved me to include Mako. So they think they know how to write Takeru/Mako... I'll show them how!

    Thanks for the explanation thus far, although with Gokaiger, I think sooner or later, the Shinkenger stuff will be replaced by Gokaiger (and maybe there will be 'Gokaiger Love' in the future). But we will have to see how it goes...

    Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, make sure when you do that TakeruXMako thing, don't fuel up more shippers out there. I really didn't want to find a lot of useless Shinkenger pairing story just to talk about how close those two.

    And I choose Ahim more because
    1) She is moe than Luka. Luka is more of a big sis type. Moe = exploitable.
    2) Luka seems to have a clearer pairing, just like Mako. As you can see, Mako didn't get much pairing other than from what I saw right now: Takeru, Ryunosuke, Kotoha and Genta. And from the series, Luka interacts more with Marvelous, Don and Ahim. While Ahim seems just to get interaction with almost everyone. We're lucky she didn't have a moment with Oiles Gils (unless I am the one who WILL start it *rapeface*)
    3)Ahim is just innocent, just like Kotoha. And innocent characters always get more attentions in term of pairing...

    I know Sean won't mind (I feel like he is more toward Mako) on Ahim, but who knows what other creeps out there think...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, wish me luck on that. I sure will give a good emphasis on how close they are... as friends. One thing I'd avoid is blatant declarations of "I love you, I can't live without you". THAT is the blegh thing I find a lot in T/M fics, especially one that's shoved to our throat since the first chapter. But after all, the focus on the battle was more on how they fight their battles, so if I'm writing relationship and closeness... that'd be second fiddle to the conflict at large in the first place.

    Perhaps you can also give pointers of what counts as a fuel to the shippers just so I can start avoiding?

    ReplyDelete